Sunday, November 12, 2023

Blog Post 2: Supreme Court

 

Once I watched the two-part video on the Supreme Court, it enhanced my learning about all the aspects of the Supreme Court and a lot of the responsibilities they have over our country.  After visiting Washington DC for a trip I was able to learn a lot more about the Supreme Court. Although I was at a very young age I couldn't take in all the information so watching these videos has made me learn more. 

The Supreme Court of the United States is known to be the most powerful judicial body on Earth. While the Supreme Court is a very serious group they make all their decisions and hold all their meetings in private areas. Their power is mainly up to the public and the way they are able to dictate their decisions will affect the public. There are only nine justices on the Supreme Court, and they hold their positions for as long as they like unless they die, or are impeached. Being appointed to serve as a justice of the highest court is extremely uncommon because of the fact that there are only nine spots.

The members who are a part of the Supreme Court study Law but they mainly deal with humans and their problems. It is essential for the Supreme Court to be respected and cared for because it represents the ultimate authority in the legal system. It is crucial that the Supreme Court maintains its independence so that its rulings are accepted and treasured even by people who may not completely agree with them, even if there will never be a moment when everyone agrees on a single decision. 

Learning about a bunch of well-known situations the Supreme Court had to deal with has made me learn how important they really are and how much they are respected by our rights. Watching these videos and constantly learning more information about them in class allows me to get a better understanding of how important the Supreme Court is to American citizens and how beneficial it is. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post - My Relationship with Technology

Looking all the way back to when I got my first electronic it was the iPod Touch. After the iPod Touch, I had a mini iPad and then got my fi...